12 Easy Self Storage Tips
Easy Self Storage Dublin have been in the storage business a long time.
We’ve put together the handy list below to help you plan, and keep your goods in tiptop condition when in long or short-term storage.
* Plan ahead. Keep your frequently used items at the front of your unit where you can get at them easily.
* Map It. As you move into your storage space, make a simple drawing that shows where items are placed.
* Cover up. Protect your furniture, including mattresses and box springs, with covers designed for the item.
* Think vertical. Make best use of your storage area by stacking to the ceiling, working from heaviest items on the bottom to lightest items on top.
* Don’t over-reach. Use a stool to stack and reach items stored above your head.
* Optimize your space. Break down any furniture that has removable legs, leaves or other parts. Stack chairs seat-to-seat with towels or blankets between them.
* Multi-task. Use your refrigerator or other appliances to store things like linens – even books or CDs. Wedge the door of any appliances open so air can circulate inside them.
* Take a breath. Leave a little space between the walls of your unit and your stored items to allow for ventilation.
* Tool up. Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
* Clear the air. If you’re storing a gas-powered lawnmower or leaf blower, prevent unpleasant odors by draining the tank before you put it in your unit.
* Be prepared for home emergencies. Keep an extra emergency kit of useful items in your storage unit. If your home is inaccessible, you’ll have a second supply resource.